- Yashica Ruffin is a family medicine doctor in Oxford, North Carolina and is affiliated with Granville Health System-Oxford.
- She is one of 14 doctors at Granville Health System-Oxford who specialize in Family Medicine.
- She is affiliated with many hospitals including Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland.
- She has completed almost 10 years in the field of medicine, with Family Practice being her specialty.
- She is a professional member of the American Society of Bariatric Physicians.
Dr. Ruffin is Board Certified in Family Medicine and has contributed her passion and knowledge to patient care in the areas of Family, Bariatric, and Addiction Medicine for more than 9 years. She is passionate about the overall Health and Wellness of all patients, and currently works to treat and advocate for those struggling with substance abuse.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Board Certified American Board of Obesity Medicine (ABOM)
- Board Certified American Board of Family Medicine
- Certification from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Certification from the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission.
- She is currently licensed to practice medicine in North Carolina, Maryland and Florida.
- She was a Presidential Scholar during her time at graduation school.
- She graduated from medical school with the Eliza Ann Grier full Academic scholarship during her 4 years of study.
- Chief Resident at the Grant Family Medicine Residency program.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Award Stage 1 EHR, 2012
- Bachelor of Science in Biology B.S. from St. Augustine’s University, Raleigh, North Carolina (2001)
- Master of Science in Public Health from New York University’s Steinhardt School of Education, New York, NY.
- Doctorate D. from Ross University’s School of Medicine, Miramar, Florida (2008)
- Residency from Grant Family Medicine Residency, Columbus, Ohio.