- Snyder maintains a clinical practice at Nephrology Clinical Practice.
- He was a Contributing Writer at Dotdash.com and Wholesomeone.Com from 2013-2015.
- He is an author, having written or co-written seven books in the areas of patient health, integrative medicine, and medical education.
About Dr. Rich Snyder
Dr. Rich Snyder is an internist and kidney specialist with a strong interest in integrative and holistic medicine. In addition to being a practicing clinician, he also is involved in the teaching of medical residents and students. He has over 13 years clinical experience.
Dr. Snyder has contributed to imparting the knowledge he gleaned over the years in the form of following books-
- Snyder, Dr. Richard and Barry Schoenborn.2012. Physician Assistant Examination for Dummies. Indiana: Wiley.
- Snyder, Rich.2012. What You Must Know About Dialysis: Ten Secrets for Surviving and Thriving on Dialysis. New York: Square One.
- Snyder, Rich.2010. What You Must Know About Kidney Disease: A Practical Guide to Using Conventional and Complementary Treatments. New York: Square One.
- Snyder, Dr. Richard and Barry Schoenborn.2011. Medical Dosage Calculations for Dummies. Indiana: Wiley.
- Snyder, Rich and Wendy Jo Peterson. 2014. Adrenal Fatigue For Dummies. Indiana: Wiley.
- Snyder, Rich 2016. What You Must Know About Liver Disease: A Practical Guide to Using Conventional and Complementary Treatments. New York: Square One.
- Snyder, Dr. Richard and Dr. Koroush Khalighi. 2016. Your Personal Prescription Checklist: How To Maximize Medication Safety and Efficacy in the Age of Personalized Medicine. New York: Sterling Pres
- Snyder is board certified in internal medicine and nephrology.
- He recertified in Internal Medicine in 2012 and Nephrology in April 2014.
- Received his degree in Doctor of Osteopathy from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Biology with Honors from Lehigh University.
- Did his Internal Medicine Residency from Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, PA.
- Completed his Nephrology Fellowship from the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Below are some of the peer-reviewed publications in which Dr. Snyder has been involved in:
- Oo S, Khalighi K, Kodali A, May C, Aung TT, Snyder R.
Ominous T-wave inversions: Wellens’ syndrome revisited. Journal of Community Internal Medicine Perspectives. 2016 Sep; 6(4):
- Memon R, Fan W, Snyder R, Krishnamurthy M. Thyroid storm presenting as psychosis: masked by diabetic ketoacidosis. Journal of Community Internal Medicine Perspectives. 2016 Sep; 6(4):
- Vela-Ortiz M, Guan Y, Singh S, Vinay R, Snyder R. Where is the Gap Coming from? American Journal of Medical Case Reports, vol 3, no 9 (2015):276-277.
- Tun N, Krishnamurth M, Snyder R. “Catastrophic Antiphosphollipid Syndrome and Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia-Related Diseases or Chance Association?” Blood Coagulation and Fibrinolysis 2015 Mar; 26(2):214-9. doi: 10.1097/MBC PMID:25304013
- Vela-Ortiz M, Tun, NT, Jodelka J, Livert D, Snyder R, Kirshnamurthy M. Hypernatremia: A Surrogate Marker for Sepsis? DrexelMed Spring 2015; Vol9:No 1. Pgs 8-9.
- Vela-Ortiz M, Singh S, Snyder R, Avila J. A Case of Metabolic Alkalosis in Chronic Kidney Disease. DrexelMed Spring 2015; Vol9:No 1. Pgs 18-19.
- Nasr SH et al. 2007. “Chronic lymphocytic leukemia and cryoglobulinemic glomerulonephritis.” Kidney International 71, no.2 (January):93.
- Snyder, RW and JS Berns.2004. “Use of insulin and oral hypoglycemic medications in patients with diabetes and advanced kidney disease.” Seminars in Dialysis 17, no. 2 (September-October):365-370.