About Dr. Perumal
Dr. Perumal is a board-certified Internist and Nephrologist with more than 20 years of practice in both acute inpatient care as well as ambulatory outpatient setting. She is a highly motivated and goal-oriented physician administrator with extensive experience in planning and implementation of new clinical programs to provide easy access to services for patients in Chicagoland area.
Moreover, Dr. Perumal has spearheaded the development of new dialysis programs as well as quality improvement projects to raise the standard of care and meet all regulatory requirements in Dialysis services.
She has constantly endeavored to improve the cost-effective utilization of resources in hospital and ambulatory care settings, while administering the highest standard of patient care.
Dr. Perumal’s range of expertise encompass the whole gamut of renal diseases, and has even managed critically-ill patients in Intensive care units including transplant wards.
Dr. Perumal has served as mentor for residents in Medicine residency programs and participated in various educational programs.
- Senior Attending and Director of Dialysis Services Dept of Nephrology, Chicago, IL
- Disability Evaluation Officer Social Security Office – Aurora, IL
- Director of Dialysis Services Illinois – Chicago, IL
- Assistant Professor, Nephrology University of Illinois – Chicago, IL
- Assistant to Program Director Dept of Internal Medicine – Chicago, IL
- Attending Physician Dept of Internal Medicine, Chicago, IL
- General Internist Private Medical Practice – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Master of Science in Clinical and Translational Medicine, University of Illinois – Chicago, IL 2012
- M.D. in Nephrology, University of Illinois – Chicago, IL 2006
- M.D. in Internal Medicine- Chicago , IL 2001
- MBBS, Kilpauk Medical College, Tamil Nadu, India 1992