- Product Design and Development at Ronald Mochizuki Consulting – Chicago, IL (2015 to Present)
- Co-founder of the start-up HOVR, an active footrest device – Chicago, IL (2015 to Present)
- Senior Advisor at Performance Health Systems – Northbrook, IL (2015 to Present)
- Medical Director, Palos Center for Wound Healing, Palos Community Hospital – Palos Heights, IL (2014 to 2015)
- Physician and President, Southwest Rehabilitation S.C – Palos Heights, IL (1997 to 2015)
- Medical Director, Southwest Rehabilitation S.C – Hospital, IL, US (1997 to 2015)
- Founder and Medical Director, Palos Wound Program – Hospital, IL, US (1996 to 2014)
- Associate Medical Director Southwest Rehabilitation S.C – Hospital, IL, US (1989 to 1997)
- Residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation from Sinai Hospital of Detroit – Detroit, MI (1986 to 1989)
- Internship in Internal Medicine from Sinai Hospital of Detroit – Detroit, MI (1985 to 1986)
- Areas of expertise include pain, spinal pain, wound care, disability, acupuncture, electromyography, rehabilitation.
- Oral board examiner for the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
About Dr. Mochizuki
Dr. Ronald Mochizuki is a physician with a keen interest in innovation, creativity, design and product development. His diverse career has been marked by innovative thinking with both program and product development, wherein he has always sought to create increased value through the imaginative application of available resources. This need to create led him to pursue a Master’s Degree in Product Design and Development, and to actively seek product development and innovation projects.
Dr. Mochizuki has cofounded the startup HOVR as well as spearheaded MD Interface Consultants, a consulting company involved in product/program design and development projects that address health and wellness markets.
His clinical career has focused on the non-operative treatment of pain, spinal pain, and general rehabilitation, and has served as the medical director of Physical Therapy, Wound Care and Electrodiagnostic departments in Chicago, Illinois.
Certifications and Licenses
- Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. (April 1990 to Present)
- Board Certified, American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (April 1991 to Present)
- Certified in Acupuncture from UCLA
- Licensed to work as a physician and surgeon in the states of Illinois and Michigan
Awards and Recognition
Awarded “Best of Neocon” Gold in Office Accessories at Neocon, 2017
Member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Masters in Product Design and Development, Northwestern University – Evanston, IL (2008 to 2010)
- Medical Acupuncture for Physicians, University of California-Los Angeles Medical School – Los Angeles, CA (2002 to 2003)
- M.D., Wayne State University Medical School – Detroit, MI (1981 to 1985)
- B.A. in Health Sciences, Kalamazoo College – Kalamazoo, MI (1977 to 1981)