About Dr. Robert Signore
Dr. Robert Signore is a dermatologist in Tinley Park, Illinois. He received his medical degree from what is now known as Des Moines University – College of Osteopathic Medicine. He then went on to successfully complete residencies in both family practice and dermatology. He is passionate about helping patients transform their lives and heal from skin diseases utilizing both conventional dermatology and classical homeopathic medicine.
Dr. Signore routinely recommends homeopathic medicine as a form of complementary tool for patients who wish to avoid the use of antibiotics or steroids when possible or when the standard conventional therapy fails to get the job done. Dr. Signore is an avid proponent of this gentle form of natural wholistic medicine, but believes in letting the patient take the final call about which approach suits him/her best.
His research interests include treatment of hyperhidrosis with homeopathic medicine and prevention of poison ivy dermatitis with homeopathic Rhus toxicodendron, as well as treatment of warts with Candida intralesional injection immunotherapy.
- Robert J. Signore is a practicing physician in Tinley Park, Illinois.
- His specialty is clinical dermatology.
- His clinical practice is a balanced blend between traditional dermatology and classical homeopathic treatment.
- He has extensive training of and experience in treating a wide array of skin ailments such as acne, warts, eczema, psoriasis, skin cancer, moles, among others.
- Board Certification: Diplomate, American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology
- Daniel Koprince Education Award, 1989 – American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- Daniel Koprince Education Award, 1990 – American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- Resident of the Year Award, 1992 – Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital
- Signore RJ, Lahmeyer HW. Acute Psychosis in a Patient with Cerebral Cysticercosis, Psychosomatics. 1988: 29; 106-108.
- Signore RJ, Love J, Boucree MC. Scalp Infestation with Phthirus Pubis. Archives of Dermatology. 1989: 125 (1): 133.
- Signore RJ. Oral Photochemotherapy With Psoralens and UVA. Osteopathic Medical News. 1990: 7(5): 1- 24.
- Signore RJ. Dermatologic Problems of Musicians. (Correspondence) Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 1991: 24 (2); 321.
- Signore RJ, Von Weiss J. Alopecia of Myxedema: Clinical Response to Levothyroxine Sodium. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 1991: 25; 902-4.
- Signore R. Board Exams (Correspondence). International Journal of Dermatology. 1992: 31 (1); 68.
- Signore RJ. A Pilot Study of 5 Percent Permethrin Cream Versus O.75 Percent Metronidazole Gel in Acne Rosacea. 1995: 56 (Sept.); 177-9.
- Signore RJ. Candida albicans Intralesional Injection Immunotherapy of Warts. 2002: 70 (Sept.); 185-92.
- Bellocchio S, Romani L, Covasciu C, Signore RJ. Candida albicans Allergenic Extract Induces Toll-Like Receptor Expression and Increases Interferon-alpha Production (Correspondence). Pediatric Dermatology. 2006: 23 (5); 517-8.
- Signore RJ. Classic Homeopathic Medicine and the Treatment of Eczema. Cosmetic Dermatology. 2011: 24 (9); 420-425.
- Signore RJ. “No Sweat! Say Goodbye to Clammy Handshakes.” Homeopathy Today. Summer, 2014:
- Signore RJ. Prevention of Poison Ivy Dermatitis with Oral Homeopathic Rhus toxicodendron. Dermatology Online Journal. 2017: 23; 1.
- Post-Graduate Residency in Dermatology Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital, Pontiac, MI (1992)
- Post-Graduate Residency in Family Practice, St. Joseph Hospital Flint, MI (1989)
- Internship at Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital, Pontiac, MI (1987)
- Doctor of Osteopathy, Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine Des Moines, IA (1986)
- Bachelor of Science in Biology Loyola University of Chicago (1982)