7. Treats Brittle and Cracked Nails
This thick oil is also effective at treating brittle and cracked nails. The various vitamins and minerals in castor oil promote nail growth and make them strong. Plus, its antifungal properties reduce the risk of fungal infection.
You can choose from any of the following remedies:
- Put a drop of pure castor oil on each nail and massage it into your nails for 1 minute. Do this daily before going to bed.
- Another option is to mix castor oil with olive oil in equal proportions and use it as a night cream for your nails as well as hands.
8. Heals Chapped Lips
For dark and chapped lips, castor oil is highly beneficial. The moisturizing property of this thick, viscous liquid keeps the lips moisturized and properly nourished. It can help treat as well as prevent chapped lips.
Plus, it helps keep your lips soft and pink. In fact, it is found in a several commercial lip care products.
- Make a lip mask with 1 teaspoon each of castor oil and glycerin and a few drops of fresh lemon juice. Mix it well and apply it on your lips before going to bed. The next morning, wipe it off with a cotton ball dipped in lukewarm water. Repeat daily until your lips are healed.
- Alternatively, mix equal amounts of castor oil and almond oil. Massage it into your lips a few times a day until your lips are soft and smooth again.