9. Treats Dermatitis
You can use vitamin E to treat dermatitis, which is an inflammation of the skin. Vitamin E can provide relief from dermatitis symptoms, such as inflammation, swelling, itching, burning sensations and redness. Its antioxidant property promotes quick healing of damaged skin.
- Apply some vitamin E oil on the affected skin before going to bed. Leave it on overnight and rinse it off the next morning with warm water. Use this remedy daily for a couple of weeks.
- Also, eat more foods rich in vitamin E, such as olives, coconut milk, sunflower seeds, wheat germ oil, and peanut butter, to help your body heal naturally.
10. Smooths Split Ends
If your hair has split ends due to excessive use of hair colors, blow drying, curling and straightening, then try vitamin E.
It can reverse the damage to your hair. It works as an excellent deep conditioner to give you lustrous locks, nourish your hair and treat split ends.
- Mix equal amounts of vitamin E, olive and coconut oils. Apply it on the split ends. Allow it to sit for a couple of hours before washing your hair with a mild shampoo. Use this remedy 3 times a week to notice a difference in your hair texture.
- You can also make a hair mask with an avocado, a rich source of vitamin E. Mash 1 avocado, add 2 tablespoons each of olive and coconut oils, and mix it well. Apply this hair mask thoroughly on your hair (to avoid excess greasiness, avoid the roots). Allow it to sit for 30 minutes, then wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Use this hair mask once a week.
- As vitamin E is fat-soluble, take the supplement with a meal containing some fat to aid its absorption.
- This vitamin loses its potency when exposed to air, heat and light, so store the supplements in a dark, cool place.
- Those who take anticoagulants must not take vitamin E supplements without consulting a doctor.
- Before applying vitamin E oil on your skin, do a patch test to see if you have an allergic reaction to it.
- Those who are prone to break-outs or have sensitive skin must use vitamin E oil with caution.