9. Cleans Floors and Toilets
Believe it or not, your regular mouthwash can also be used as a floor cleaner and a toilet cleaner.
Listerine can kill odors and disinfect your toilet as well as the floors in your kitchen, bathroom and other areas. Using Listerine eliminates your risk of exposure to harmful chemicals found in commercial cleaners.
It can also help kill mold and mildew.
- Add 1 cup of Listerine to a bucket filled halfway with water and use it to clean your floors.
- To clean a toilet, pour 1 cup of mouthwash into the toilet, allow it to sit for 30 minutes and finally give it a swish with a toilet brush.
10. Sanitizes Laundry
Just like Listerine removes bacteria from your mouth, it can remove harmful bacteria from your laundry as well. Make sure the Listerine you use does not contain artificial coloring or else it may leave stains.
It can even disinfect your washing machine.
- Add 1 cup of Listerine to the regular cycle of a full load of laundry for cleaner, germ-free clothing. Allow the laundry to dry in the sun for more effective results.
- To clean and disinfect your washing machine, pour in 1 cup of Listerine and run the empty load through the cycles.