- Jonathan is the owner and founder of Genki Nutrition, a Health and Wellness company with a mission “To provide accessible, understandable, and high-quality wellness knowledge that will empower a positive lifestyle.” He is a Board-Certified Case Manager & Specialist in Gerontological Nutrition.
- He is a registered & certified Dietician Nutritionist based in New York City with certifications in for Personal Training, with specializations in Gerontological Nutrition, Sports Nutrition, Diabetes, Lactation, Weight Loss and Case Management.
- Jonathan has earned his certifications from the American Council on Exercise on Personal Training.
- He is the Media Representative for New York State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics from New York City & Long Island.
- He is also the Professional Development Coordinator for the National Organization of Men in Nutrition.
Jonathan is a Telehealth Registered Dietitian Nutritionist based in New York City. He also holds certifications for Personal Training, with specializations in Gerontological Nutrition, Sports Nutrition, Diabetes, Lactation, Weight Loss and Case Management.
His clinical experience is primarily with the elderly population but also has excellent knowledge of diabetes, sports nutrition, weight loss, and care management.
His passion for nutrition began in Hawaii, where he grew up in a diverse culture surrounded by the spirit of Aloha. When his grandmother suffered from Type 2 Diabetes, he didn’t realize how diet and exercise played a role in both prevention and disease management. After understanding how food and exercise are tied together he set his journey to becoming a Registered Deititian Nutritionist. The problem he found was access to a high-quality healthy partner who changes the behaviors of the public.
With his mind for business, nutrition, and fitness, he will take you through your wellness, optimize your health and bring you to your greatest quality of life.
To know more about Jonathan visit https://www.genki-nutrition.com/
- He completed his Bachelor of Science in Food Science & Human Nutrition at the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa.
- He pursued a Masters in Business Administration from Brennan School of Business at Dominican University in Chicago, Illinois.
- Presently he is studying to become a Certified Diabetes Educator.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Jonathan has been named Top Pro by Diet Spotlight from 2017-2018
- He has also been awarded the “Recognized Dietetic Technician of the Year” twice from 2012-2013 in Hawaii and 2013-2014 in Illinois.
WORD FROM JONATHAN VALDEZ
When it comes to nutrition, there is a lot of buzzing words & diets that are very confusing to consumers and the confusion is perpetuated by the media. My sole purpose is to weed out the charlatans and collaborate with the community, organizations, and other media outlets to provide evidence-based research information in an understandable way to the world.