7. Chamomile Tea
Another quick treatment for eye strain is chamomile tea bags. The soothing and relaxing nature of chamomile will relieve the stress in your eyes quickly. It can even help reduce swelling around your eyes.
- Steep 2 chamomile tea bags in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, and put one in the refrigerator and the other on the kitchen counter.
- For a warm treatment, put the tea bag from the kitchen counter on your closed eyelids for 5 minutes.
- For a cool treatment, place the refrigerated tea bag on your eyelids.
- Repeat this treatment as often as you like.
Also, drink 2 to 3 cups of chamomile tea to alleviate a headache, one of the common symptoms of eye strain.
8. Rose Water
Rose water works as a natural relaxer for strained and tired eyes. It has a very soothing effect. Plus, it can rejuvenate the skin around the eyes as well as fade dark circles and eye puffiness.
- Splash your eyes with some cold water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Dip 2 cotton balls in rose water.
- Lie down, close your eyes and place the wet cotton balls over your eyes.
- Do this twice daily.