Breasts develop from embryological tissues, and the high estrogen level in females during puberty causes breasts to start growing bigger.
Breasts are mammary glands composed of layers of different types of tissue, including adipose, glandular and connective tissues. As these tissues have hormone receptors, there is often fluctuation in breast sizes and volumes based on hormonal changes in the body.
As breasts are considered a sign of femininity and beauty, women want their breasts to be perfectly shaped and sized. However, at times the breasts become larger in size, which can be due to several factors including genetics, obesity, pregnancy, breastfeeding, hormonal changes in the body and side effects of certain drugs.
Extremely large breasts can cause physical and emotional problems. Health problems may include rashes under the breasts, tenderness, back pain, neck pain, and shortness of breath.
It can even affect your posture, confidence level and your attractiveness. Moreover, women who have large breasts can have a difficult time exercising and finding clothes that fit well.
To reduce breast size, choose simple lifestyle changes, dietary changes and home remedies. Bear in mind that these remedies do not specifically target the fatty tissue of the breast. You must lower your overall body fat, which will lead to a reduction in breast size.
Here are the top 10 ways to reduce breast size naturally.
1. Cardio and Strength-Training Exercises
A regular exercise regimen will help you lose fat throughout your body, including your breasts. Certain cardiovascular and strength-training exercises target fat in the chest and upper body.
- Focus on low-impact cardio workouts since most women who have very large breasts simply cannot do high-impact exercises like jogging or running. Do low-impact cardio exercises on equipment like a stationary bike, treadmill or elliptical trainer for 45 minutes, at least 5 days a week.
- Also, perform specific strength-training exercises to help tighten up the chest muscles and reduce breast size. Examples of these exercises include classic pushup and dumbbell bench press. Do these exercises with high repetitions between 8 to 12 reps in 2 or 3 sets, a few times a week.
Note: When exercising, always wear a well-fitted sports bra to prevent sagging breasts.
2. Aerobic Exercises
Aerobic exercises speed up your metabolism rate, which in turn reduces overall body fat. Once you start losing weight, your breasts will automatically reduce in size.
- Stair climbing is a simple aerobic exercise that you can do daily.
- Cycling is another great form of aerobic exercise.
- Brisk walking also helps burn fat all over your body.
Make sure to do aerobic exercises for 30 minutes, at least 4 or 5 times a week.
Massage is an age-old remedy to reduce overall body fat as well as breast size. When massaging your breasts, give equal time to each breast.
- Apply warm olive or coconut oil on your breasts.
- Using your middle finger and ring finger, massage each of the breasts in circular motions and upward direction for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the massage twice daily for at least 3 months to notice size reduction.
You can also massage using a breast-reduction cream or lotion.
In many traditional medicines, ginger is used to reduce breast size. It increases the body’s metabolic rate to help burn more fat. This also affects the breast size since they are mostly made of fatty tissues.
- Boil 1 teaspoon of grated ginger in 1 cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Strain, add a little honey and sip it slowly.
- Drink 2 to 3 cups of ginger tea daily.
5. Green Tea
Green tea is also effective in aiding weight loss and reducing breast size. Catechins found in green tea promote weight loss by stimulating the body to burn calories and decreasing body fat. This helps reduce breast size. In addition, green tea reduces the risk of breast cancer.
- Add 1 teaspoon of green tea leaves to a cup of hot water.
- Cover and steep for a few minutes.
- Strain, then add a little honey.
- Drink 3 to 4 cups of green tea daily for at least a few months.
Flaxseeds contain omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce estrogen levels in the body. A high estrogen level is one of the reasons behind enlarged breasts. In addition, flaxseeds aid in removing harmful toxins from the body.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds to a glass of hot water. Drink it once daily.
- Another option is to take 1 to 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil daily.
Follow either of these remedies until you get the desired result.