Cucumber binds collagen and ensures that your skin is firm as well as supple. Supple and firm skin often has an even and light skin tone. Cucumber also has a cooling effect on your skin. It is suitable for all skin types.
- Place cucumber slices directly on the dark skin areas in need of lightening treatment. Leave them on for a few minutes, remove them and then rinse your skin with lukewarm water. Do this twice daily.
- Grate a cucumber and mix it with honey to make a spot-reducing mask. Apply the mask on your face and neck. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. Do this twice daily for effective results.
- You can also mix one teaspoon each of lemon juice and cucumber juice. Apply it on your face, leaving it on for 15 to 20 minutes or until it dries. Wash it off with water. Do this once daily.
The best way to encourage the growth of new skin cells to improve your skin tone is to get rid of old skin cells. Oatmeal helps exfoliate the skin, leaving it supple and soft.
- Mix oatmeal with tomato juice and apply the mixture on your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. While rinsing, rub it gently so that the oatmeal can scrub off the dead skin cells. Do this daily.
- Alternatively, mix one teaspoon of oatmeal powder, a pinch of turmeric and a few drops of lemon juice to make a thick paste. Apply it on your face and let it dry. Wash off the dry mask with water. Do this once daily.
Follow these natural remedies to lighten your skin complexion. However, bear in mind that these are very effective but will take time and patience to achieve your desired goal. Also remember that healthy skin is as important as a beautiful skin tone. So, try to maintain healthy skin also.