Turmeric is another great way to enjoy naturally fairer hands and feet.
Turmeric contains curcumin, a potent antioxidant that can help lessen the melanin production in the skin and remove discoloration. It also helps maintain an even skin tone.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder with enough cold milk to make a paste. Apply it on the dark areas of your body to lighten the skin. Allow it to sit for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Do this 1 or 2 times daily to get excellent results.
- Alternatively, mix 2 teaspoons each of turmeric powder and olive oil to make a fine paste. Apply a thin layer of this paste on your hands and feet. Wash it off after 10 minutes. Do this 3 times a week to see results.
- Another option is to mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 4 teaspoons of gram flour and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to form a paste. If needed, add a little rose water to the paste. Apply this mask on the dark skin area and leave it on for 20 to 25 minutes or until it is dry. Scrub off the dried mask, then rinse your skin with lukewarm water. Use this skin mask once a week.
Note: Avoid direct sun exposure after using any turmeric remedy on your skin.
Sandalwood is another very effective solution for lightening dark hands and feet. It can enhance your skin complexion as well as treat hyperpigmentation.
Apart from lightening skin tone, sandalwood can help get rid of sun spots, brown spots and uneven blemishes on your hands and feet.
- Add the juice of ½ of a lemon into 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder and mix thoroughly. Add a little rose water if the paste is too thick. Apply this smooth paste on the dark skin area before and rinse it off with cool water after 15 to 20 minutes, when it dries completely. Repeat daily until your skin regains its lost glow.
- Alternatively, mix 1 tablespoon each of sandalwood powder and almond powder. Make a paste by adding enough rose water, milk, or just plain water to it. Apply it on the affected skin area and allow it to dry completely. Then, rinse it off with lukewarm water. Use this skin-lightening mask 2 or 3 times a week.