7. Coconut Oil
Massaging with coconut oil is another effective natural remedy to lighten dark circles. Due to its moisturizing quality, coconut oil also promotes smooth skin and prevents wrinkles and fine lines under eyes.
- Simply massage some extra-virgin coconut oil on the under eye area.
- Leave it on for a few hours, and then wash it off.
- Repeat two to three times daily for a few months or until you are satisfied with the results.
8. Tea Bags
The caffeine and antioxidants present in tea can be highly beneficial for getting rid of dark circles as well as puffiness under eyes by shrinking the blood vessels and reducing fluid retention. The tannins, in particular, help decrease swelling and discoloration.
- Chill two used green or black tea bags in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- Place one tea bag over each eye and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and wash your face.
- Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
Note: Be careful not to get the tea in your eyes.