7. Cucumber Peel
Another age-old trick to get rid of ants is cucumber peel. Ants have a natural aversion to cucumber, as they cannot stand its taste. Bitter cucumbers work best, but you can use normal cucumbers, too.
- Peel a cucumber.
- Place pieces of the peel in all areas where you have seen ant activity.
- Replace them with fresh peels daily.
- Repeat as needed until the ants are gone.
8. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper also works as an effective ant repellent. The strong nature of cayenne pepper destroys the chemical signals that ants rely on to navigate toward food, their nest and other places. Without a proper signal, ants will not able to survive and will thus look for new places to go.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper powder in areas where you notice ants.
- You can also mix equal amounts of cayenne pepper and turmeric powder and sprinkle it across the access points to make an unpleasant barrier for ants.