9. Warm Compress
To reduce eye strain and soothe dry and dull eyes, you can also use warm compresses. The warm temperature will relax the muscles around your eyes and help restore their natural expression and sparkle.
- Dip a soft cloth in warm water and wring out the excess water.
- Put this warm cloth over your closed eyelids for 1 minute.
- Repeat the process 3 or 4 times.
- Follow this remedy as needed.
10. Enjoy Sound Sleep
Sleep is very essential, not only for your health but also for your eyes. When you enjoy sound sleep of 6 to 8 hours a night, you will wake up with bright and sparkling eyes.
Without proper sleep, your eyes will look droopy, dull and tired. In addition, lack of sleep can contribute to dark circles and puffiness under your eyes. To enjoy sound sleep:
- Try to go to bed on a set schedule, and wake up at the same time every morning.
- Sleep in a well-ventilated room with as little noise as possible.
- Avoid eating a heavy meal or drinking before going to bed.
- Avoid alcohol and salty foods as they contribute to fluid retention, causing your eyes to look puffy, tired and swollen.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, be sure to get your eyes checked by a specialist on a regular basis.
- Whenever possible, give your eyes a rest from contact lenses or glasses.
- Avoid allergens as they can cause the eyes to look bloodshot and puffy.
- Avoid going out in the sun, as people tend to squint their eyes in bright sunlight. This can make your eyes look tired. Wear sunglasses when going out in the sun.
- Avoid reading in inadequate lighting as it strains the eyes.
- Limit exposure to electronic media screens like the TV, iPad or computer whenever possible.
- Always remove your eye makeup before going to bed.
- Eat nutrients that nourish your eyes. Some foods that are good for your eyes are carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, bell peppers, salmon, squash, guava, oranges, limes and papaya.
- Regular physical exercise, a stress-free environment and healthy lifestyle habits help a lot to enjoy radiant and brilliant shine in the eyes.