The saying “Eyes are the window to the soul” is very popular. Many people easily relate to it as one’s eyes can speak a million words without a sound. This is one reason people want their eyes, the main feature of their face, to sparkle with life.
Clear and sparkling eyes denote happiness and good health, whereas eyes that are bloodshot or look tired and dull indicate illness and fatigue.
Dull, lifeless and bloodshot eyes can be due to many factors, including health problems, fatigue, lack of sleep, long working hours, spending too much time in front of a screen, nutritional deficiency, excessive drinking, dehydration, smoking and even a weak liver.
To get clear and sparkling eyes, you can adopt simple lifestyle changes and try some easy home treatments.
Here are the top 10 ways to get clear and sparkling eyes naturally.
1. Exercise the Eyes
You can use some simple exercises to relax and add spark to your eyes. They will help alleviate eye strain and improve blood circulation to the eyes.
- One easy eye exercise is to shut your eyes and squeeze them tightly. Then open them quickly, as wide as possible. Repeat until the eyes begin to water. This will help your eyes look and feel fresh and bright.
- Also, move a pen or pencil horizontally and vertically in front of your eyes, keeping your eyes focused on the tip of the pen. Do this exercise for 10 to 15 minutes daily.
- Another option is to rub the palms of your hands together until they become warm, then place them over your closed eyelids for a few minutes.
You can soothe dull and tired eyes with cucumber slices. The high water content in the cucumber will help brighten up your tired eyes. It can even help reduce dark circles under the eyes and under-eye puffiness.
- Cut a few thick slices off of a cucumber and put them in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put the chilled slices overyour closed eyelids until they become warm.
- Then wash your eyes with water.
- Repeat the process as needed.
You can also do this remedy with chilled potato slices.
3. Rose Water
Rose water is another effective way to add spark to your tired eyes. Its soothing effect helps rejuvenate the skin around the eyes and prevent dark circles and puffiness.
- Dip 2 cotton balls in cold rose water.
- Lie down and place the wet cotton balls over your closed eyelids.
- Leave them on for 10 to 15 minutes, then wash your eyes with regular water.
- Follow this treatment as needed.
4. Keep the Eyes Hydrated
One simple secret to get clear eyes is to keep your eyes hydrated for proper lubrication.
- Splash your eyes with room-temperature water a few times daily. This will help get rid of tired and dull eyes.
- To prevent dry eyes, avoid staring at your computer screen for too long. Blink often to prevent your eyes from drying out.
- Also, drink plenty of water and eat water-based fruits and vegetables.
5. Eye Massage
Gentle eye massage is another easy way to enjoy sparkling eyes. Massage improves blood circulation to the eyes, which in turn reduces eye strain and prevents fine lines.
- Put a few drops of olive or coconut oil on your fingers.
- Using your fingers, gently massage the inner corners, the center of your brows, the outer corners and just below the eyes.
- Do this eye massage at least once daily.
6. Tea Bags
Both green and black tea bags can help reduce eye strain and restore the natural glow and spark of your eyes. The anti-irritant and antioxidant properties in tea bags help reduce swelling around your eyes as well as redness.
- Steep 2 tea bags in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, squeeze out the excess water and put them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place the chilled teabags over your closed eyes and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment as often as you like.