Eating foods like pumpkin that are rich in vitamin A can help get rid of tinnitus. It has been found that vitamin A deficiency is one of the leading causes of many ear problems, including tinnitus.
Vitamin A is essential for the proper functioning of the cochlea, or inner ear, which is responsible for reception and transmission of sounds.
Simply include pumpkin in your salad or soup, or have it steamed, grilled, stuffed, stir-fried, or in baked dishes.
Adding pineapple to your diet can help reduce tinnitus. Pineapple helps lessen inflammation throughout the body due to the presence of an enzyme known as bromelain. Plus, pineapple has various vitamins including vitamin A.
Eat fresh pineapple at regular intervals throughout the day to reduce inflammation. You can also drink fresh pineapple juice.
Some additional tips:
- Use a warm compress or heating pad (wrapped in a cloth) to relieve pressure and pain
- Cut back or stop drinking alcohol
- Stop smoking
- Limit your use of aspirin
- Exercise regularly
- Limit or avoid exposure to loud noises
- Practice relaxation techniques like meditation or yoga.
- Play music or white noise when you are trying to fall asleep.
Follow these remedies and tips to treat tinnitus. However, visit your doctor immediately if you have numbness on one side of the face or body, vertigo, loss of balance, nausea or vomiting.