9. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth, also known as multani mitti, stimulates blood circulation and improves skin elasticity.
- Mix one tablespoon of fuller’s earth powder with enough water (or rose water) to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on the face and neck and allow it to dry. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- You can also mix one tablespoon each of fuller’s earth, glycerin and honey. Then mix in one beaten egg white. Apply this paste on your face and neck and allow it to dry naturally. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Follow either of these remedies once a week to enjoy firm and youthful skin.
Strawberries work like astringents on the skin, and hence are a very good remedy for sagging skin. They have vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that boosts production of collagen fibers that help keep skin smooth and firm. Plus, the alpha hydroxyl acids in them help improve the appearance of aging skin.
- Mash two to three ripe strawberries and mix them with two teaspoons each of yogurt and honey.
- Apply the paste on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for about five minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy once daily for several weeks.
Also include strawberries in your diet to get results faster.
- To tighten your skin, perform facial muscle exercises twice daily.
- Exercise regularly for a well-toned look.
- Exfoliate your skin once a week to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Get eight hours of beauty sleep each night.
- Avoid sudden and rapid weight loss.
- Use a strong SPF 15 or 30 sunscreen for protection from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays. Avoid exposure to the sun for prolonged periods.
- Quit smoking and limit your alcohol intake; cigarette smoking and alcohol speed up the aging process.
- Avoid soaps containing harsh chemicals.
- Use cosmetic products designed for your skin type.
- Avoid refined sugar and highly processed junk food.
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and raw vegetables to keep your body nourished.
- Take vitamin C, vitamin E and MSM (methylsulfonylmethan) supplements after consulting your doctor.
- Keep the skin hydrated and smooth by drinking an ample amount of water.
These home remedies and skin-tightening tips can help prevent and tighten sagging skin. Plus, following a regular and healthy skin care regime will help you maintain a youthful appearance.