Yogurt contains lactic acid that eliminates excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells, thereby minimizing the appearance of open pores. It will also reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
- Apply a thin layer of plain yogurt on your face. Let it sit for 10 minutes, and then rinse it off. Repeat daily or three or four times a week for at least one month.
- Add one tablespoon of gram flour (besan) to two tablespoons of plain yogurt. Apply this paste on your face. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Finally, wash it off with cool water. Do this two times a week for about a month. Gram flour is also considered beneficial for getting rid of unwanted hair.
- Those with excessively oily and acne-prone skin can apply a mixture of one teaspoon of yogurt, two aspirin tablets (crushed to a fine powder) and one egg white (thoroughly whisked). Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, and then rinse it off with cool water. Repeat once or twice a week. You will notice improvement after just a few uses.
Oatmeal is great for exfoliating the skin and hence removing excess oil and dead skin cells that make open pores appear larger. Another advantage of oatmeal is that it soothes the skin and can be used for sensitive skin as well.
- Mix together five tablespoons of honey, two tablespoons of milk powder and two tablespoons of oatmeal.
- Slather this mixture on your face and gently rub it in circular motions.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes or until it dries completely.
- Scrub it off and wash your face with cool water.
- Repeat once or twice a week on a regular basis.
In addition to these remedies, take proper care of your skin, protect your skin from sun damage and exfoliate once or twice a week to remove excess oil, dirt, and dead skin cells.
You can also do a facial steam once a week to unclog the pores. Plus, opt for noncomedogenic cosmetic products and avoid oil-based skin care products. Needless to say, clean all makeup from your face at night before going for your beauty sleep.