7. Hydrogen Peroxide
When it comes to treating vaginitis, hydrogen peroxide is an effective treatment. This natural disinfecting agent helps control growth of bad bacteria in your vagina.
In addition, it can even reduce inflammation, pain and itching. Use only 3 percent hydrogen peroxide to treat vaginitis.
- Prepare a solution with equal amounts of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide and water.
- Use it to wash your vagina, wait 10 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- Do this once or twice daily for a few days.
8. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil can also help relieve vaginitis symptoms. It contains natural antibacterial and antifungal compounds that help treat infections. It even helps combat vaginal odor.
- Add 4 or 5 drops of tree tea oil to a small bowl of warm water.
- Stir thoroughly and use it to rinse your vagina.
- Do this once daily for a few days.
Note: Pregnant women should not use this remedy.