According to Ayurveda, buttermilk is a good remedy for mild dehydration. It provides the minerals required by the body that are lost during excessive sweating, one of the main causes of dehydration.
- Drink a glass of buttermilk a few times a day to help your body recover.
- Another option is to drink a cup of buttermilk mixed with ½ teaspoon of dry ginger, a few times a day.
8. Barley Water
Barley water is another good remedy to keep your body hydrated. The nutrients in barley help replenish minerals lost with dehydration. As it is easily digested and keeps the body cool, barley water can provide quick relief from dehydration symptoms.
- Mix 1 cup of soaked barley in 3 to 4 cups of water.
- Bring it to a boil, then simmer (covered) for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Allow it to cool, then strain it.
- Add a little lemon juice and honey.
- Drink barley water at regular intervals.