Raw honey has antibacterial properties that can help cure cystic acne. Its antioxidant property helps prevent damage caused by free radicals. In addition, it can even heal acne scars and make your skin smooth and soft.
- Dab a little raw honey on the affected area. Wait 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Repeat 2 or 3 times a day for a few days for best results.
- Alternatively, mix ½ teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to make a paste. Apply it on the affected area, wait about 10 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. Do this every other day for a week.
10. Dietary Changes
By making some dietary changes, you can reduce or prevent any form of acne, including cystic acne.
- Follow a low-glycemic diet containing whole grains, beans, fresh fruits and green vegetables.
- Eat foods high in vitamin C to promote growth of healthy skin tissues. This vitamin also helps minimize the appearance of scars.
- Eat nuts and seeds that are rich in vitamins A and E.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to flush harmful toxins out of your body.
- Reduce, or if possible avoid, consuming dairy products like milk and cheese until the acne is gone.
- Avoid oily, fatty foods and spicy foods that can make the acne worse.
- Avoid junk food and foods high in sugar.
- Wash the affected skin with a gentle cleanser twice daily.
- Avoid excessive washing and scrubbing that can irritate the skin.
- Avoid common skin irritants like oil-based cosmetics and sunscreens.
- To keep your skin well moisturized, use an oil-free moisturizer with sunscreen.
- Keep your hair clean and off your face.
- Do not pick or squeeze your acne, which can cause further infection or scarring.
- Keep your stress level under control.
- Do regular physical exercise to keep your hormones in balance.
- Avoid excessive sweating and clean your face with water after exercising.
- Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep daily to encourage healthy and glowing skin.
- Decrease friction from cloth as it can irritate your skin and contribute to acne.
- Be sure to remove your makeup before going to bed.
- Avoid drinking and smoking as these will worsen your skin condition.