Gently massaging your feet with some oil is another great way to relieve the discomfort associated with burning feet. Massage has a soothing effect and helps increase blood circulation in the feet.
- Warm some olive, coconut or mustard oil.
- Apply the oil on the affected area.
- Massage using upward strokes with firm fingers for at least 10 minutes.
- Do this daily before going to bed and in the early morning to ensure proper circulation.
It’s important to remain physically active to help improve blood circulation in your body and prevent nervous system problems.
- Try to walk barefoot through soft grass or sand for a few minutes when you have a burning sensation. This will ease the symptoms quickly.
- Exercises like jogging and running must be done on a regular basis. These are excellent for increasing the circulation to the entire body.
- Always wear proper fitting and comfortable footwear.
- Do not wear shoes without socks.
- Rest your feet as often as possible and elevate your feet while resting.
- Avoid taking narcotics and drinking alcohol.
- Use insoles, pads or inserts in your footwear to ensure proper support.
- Eat more foods that have essential fatty acids or take fish oil supplements.
- Try acupuncture or magnetic therapy to help relieve burning sensations in your feet.
These home remedies and tips may help alleviate discomfort, but it’s recommended to consult a doctor to determine the underlying cause and make sure the problem is treated properly.