Strawberries are loaded with nutrients and antioxidants that help maintain clear skin. Being rich in vitamin C, alpha hydroxy acids, salicylic acid and ellagic acid, it exfoliates dead skin, fights acne and fades scars.
- Mash two or three strawberries with a fork.
- Mix them with two teaspoons each of plain yogurt and organic honey.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ground oatmeal.
- Gently rub it on your face and neck and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then wipe it off with a warm washcloth. This will open the clogged pores.
- Do this at least twice a week for several weeks.
8. Orange Peel
Orange peel works as a natural bleach to lighten your skin and clear acne scars and blemishes. It also helps reduce suntan. Moreover, being rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, it tones your skin and leaves a youthful glow.
- Mix two teaspoons of orange peel powder with one teaspoon each of organic honey and plain yogurt.
- Spread this paste on your skin.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Do this two or three times a week until you get positive results.
You can either purchase orange peel powder from a health food store, or make it yourself by drying orange peels in the sun for a few days and then grinding them to a fine powder.