9. Tea Bags
The tannins present in tea have antibiotic and astringent properties that help soothe the burning sensation as well as reduce swelling and irritation.
- Soak a tea bag in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes to chill it.
- Apply the tea bag externally on the affected area to relieve itching.
- Follow this remedy three or four times daily for a few weeks to clear up the infection completely.
10. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil contains both antibacterial and antifungal properties and can be used to fight the germs responsible for bacterial vaginosis. It can also effectively prevent recurrence of the infection. For treating bacterial vaginosis, use oregano oil that does not contain alcohol.
- Mix three drops of oregano oil with one tablespoon of olive oil. Apply it on the affected area and leave it on for two hours. Do this once daily until you notice improvement.
- Alternatively, mix three drops of oregano oil in a glass of lukewarm water. Drink it twice daily. Continue this treatment for one to two months.
With these remedies, you can easily control the symptoms of bacterial vaginosis and even prevent it from recurring. However, if you do not see any improvement within two weeks, consult your doctor.