7. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has natural antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties that can kill the germs that cause bacterial vaginosis and prevent it from recurring.
- Apply organic coconut oil on the affected area three times daily until your condition improves.
- Alternatively, soak a tampon in organic coconut oil and insert it in the vagina. Leave it in for a couple of hours. Rinse the area with lukewarm water thoroughly after removing the tampon. Do this once daily for several days.
- Also, use coconut oil in your cooking as much as possible to boost your immune system and speed up the healing process.
8. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac, also known as neem or margosa, contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that help reduce itching and inflammation as well as kill the germs that cause this infection.
- Heat a handful of margosa leaves in a pan. You do not need to add water or any liquid.
- Allow the leaves to cool and then grind them into a fine powder.
- Mix two teaspoons of the powder with a little water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste in and around the vagina. Leave it for half an hour and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Do this twice daily until your symptoms are completely gone.