Fennel is highly beneficial for improving digestion and suppressing stomach spasms. It has a compound called anethole that helps calm spasms in the gastrointestinal tract and has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Simply chew one-half teaspoon of fennel seeds after meals.
- Alternatively, you can boil one teaspoon of fennel seeds in a cup of water. Let it steep for 10 minutes and then strain it. Drink it two or three times a day for a few days.
8. Slippery Elm
Slippery elm has demulcent properties that help coat the esophagus and the lining of the stomach. Plus, it has soothing and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Mix two tablespoons of powdered slippery elm bark in two cups of hot water.
- Let it steep for about five minutes.
- Drink it three times a day until you see improvement.