After having suffered at the hands of pollution and stress all through the day, your skin deserves some care and pampering at night. Here’s a natural, homemade apple night cream recipe to nourish and revitalize your skin.
Apples are rich in vitamins A, B and C, as well as beta-carotene, malic acid and antioxidants. These nutrients help maintain healthy and younger-looking skin.
Malic acid, being an alpha hydroxy acid, is considered good for maintaining soft and smooth skin because of its exfoliating properties. The antioxidants present in apples also promote radiant and rejuvenated skin.
This night cream also includes extra-virgin olive oil and rose water. Both olive oil and rose water help improve skin tone and reduce pigmentation.
Olive oil also works as a natural skin moisturizer and delays the effects of aging on skin due to its healthy fats and antioxidants.
Rose water is a great beauty aid as it calms acne, maintains the skin’s pH balance, heals scars, regenerates skin tissues and revitalizes aging skin. It has soothing, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, not to mention the pleasing smell.
Things you will need:
- 1 apple
- Olive oil
- Rose water
- A blender
- A double boiler
- A knife
- A bowl
- A mixing spoon
- A plastic or glass container
1. Cut an apple into two halves.
2. Remove the seeds.
3. Chop the apple into small pieces.
4. Toss the pieces into a blender and add one-half cup of olive oil.
5. Turn on the blender for about five to seven minutes until the mixture has a smooth and thick consistency.
6. Pour the mixture into a double boiler and heat it for a few minutes until it is warm.
7. Remove the mixture from the double boiler and allow it to cool. Then, mix in one-half cup of rose water.
8. Finally, store it in a sterile container.
You now have your own homemade apple night cream. You can store it in the refrigerator for four to six days, using a portion of it daily.