- Supportive & Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner at Health Texas Provider Network in Fort Worth, Texas, since February 2016
- CSO RN IV at Texas Health Resources in Arlington, Texas from November 2013 to September 2015
- RN – CVICU, Rapid Response Team, ICU, Ethics Committee, Sepsis Committee at Baylor All Saints in Fort Worth, Texas from February 2012 to November 2013
- NICU RN at Cook Children’s Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas from October 2011 to February 2012
ABOUT COURTNEY CLEVELAND
Courtney Cleveland strives to improve the quality of life for her patients and their families by advocating for them and assessing their psycho-social well-being, social support network, along with their medical needs.
Courtney made a career change to nursing in 2011 after working in oncology research. As a critical care nurse for many years, she found that attention to patient’s values and goals were not being considered when developing a treatment plan and was drawn to advocating for patient’s preferences regarding treatments. This led her to providing end of life care and support through their terminal or irreversible illnesses that patients needed symptom management and psycho-social support for.
As a palliative care nurse practitioner, Courtney also provides education to hospital staff and community partners in efforts to improve communication between patients and their providers regarding their goals and values. She values ethical and evidence-based practice medicine.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Currently pursuing Doctorate in Nursing Practice at the University of Texas Arlington
- Master of Science in Nursing, May 2016 – Family Nurse Practitioner program from Samford University in Birmingham, AL
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, August 2011 – Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, TX
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, August 2009 – University of Texas Arlington in Arlington, TX