7. Removes Splinters
Banana peels are also very effective in removing splinters. The enzymes in the peel help soften the skin to aid in easy plucking of the splinter. They also help heal the wound.
- Cut a small piece of fresh banana peel.
- Put it over the splinter with the inside part against the skin.
- Secure it with a bandage or some gauze tape.
- Leave it overnight.
- The next morning, remove the splinter with a pair of tweezers.
8. Diminishes Wrinkles and Fine Lines
Banana peels can also reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The peel helps tighten and tone the skin. It also has lutein, an antioxidant that delays aging signs.
Plus, it gives your skin some added shine and plumpness!
- Rub the inside of a banana peel over your face and let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this once daily.