Women spend a fortune on cosmetic products to fix beauty problems related to their skin, nails, teeth and hair.
The market is flooded with such products to lure females to try them. However, many of these products are expensive and may not even give you the result you desire.
To get a flawless look, it is not necessary to spend a fortune. There are always some miracle natural remedies that promise good results.
Along with natural treatments, it is important to get good sleep, reduce your stress level and get proper nutrition and exercise to keep you looking beautiful from within as well as outside.
Here are inexpensive remedies for 10 beauty problems that every girl should know.
1. Toothpaste for Acne
Acne, blemishes and other skin breakouts are most common among teenagers. In fact, 70 to 87 percent of teenagers report having this problem.
Acne can appear on the face, chest, back and scalp. Excessive oil production, accumulation of dead skin cells, clogged pores and bacteria are the four most common factors contributing to acne.
Here is an inexpensive quick fix for your zits.
- Apply a small amount of white toothpaste on the affected area before going to bed and rinse it off the next morning. Repeat daily for a few days until your skin is free of acne.
- Aloe vera gel is also effective for mild to moderate acne. Just extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf and apply it on the affected area, 2 to 3 times daily. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera help kill the bacteria causing acne as well as reduce inflammation.
2. Sugar Scrub for Chapped Lips
When it comes to beauty, you simply cannot ignore your lips. While soft, pink lips enhance the appearance of your face, cracked and dark lips can spoil your overall beauty.
Apart from using low-quality lip care products, excessive exposure to direct sunlight, excessive smoking, high caffeine intake and hormonal imbalances can lead to dry and dark lips.
To restore the softness and natural pink color of your lips to enhance your beautiful smile, try a sugar scrub.
- Make a lip scrub with 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon honey. Mix well and use it to gently scrub your lips for a couple of minutes, once a week. This will help remove dead skin cells and leave you with flake-free lips.
- To keep your lips moisturized, you can even massage your lips with lukewarm olive or coconut oil once or twice daily.
3. Baking Soda for Yellow Teeth
For a bright smile, it is important to maintain beautiful, pearly white teeth. Good oral hygiene plays a key role in keeping your teeth sparkling white.
However, hereditary factors, excessive consumption of tea or coffee, excessive smoking and use of hard water can stain the teeth and make them appear yellow in color.
There are many teeth-whitening products in the market or you can opt for a whitening treatment from your dentist. But these options can be heavy on your pocket.
No need to worry as there are some simple and inexpensive natural teeth-whitening home remedies for a beautiful smile.
- Simply mix ¼ teaspoon of baking soda with a small pea-size amount of your toothpaste. Gently brush your teeth with it, once a week. The abrasive nature of baking soda will help polish the surface of the teeth and remove the stains. Make sure not to eat or drink anything after using this remedy.
- Another good option is to rub fresh orange peel (the inside portion) over your teeth every night before going to sleep for a week. There are bleaching compounds in the peel that can reduce the yellow tinge on your teeth.
4. Baby Powder for Oily Hair
Oily hair not only looks neglected but is also extremely unattractive. In addition, it is lifeless and more prone to dandruff and itchiness.
Minor oily hair issues can be easily corrected at home with changes in your hair care routine and simple remedies.
For instance, you need to wash your hair more frequently and use only lukewarm water, not hot water, for washing your hair. Hot water stimulates sebum production, thus making your hair oiler than before.
Also, avoid using a hair brush as it will distribute the sebum all through your hair from the roots to the ends. Instead, try combing your hair.
On days when you can’t wash your limp locks but need a quick fix, you can use baby powder or talcum powder as an effective dry shampoo to help absorb the excess oil. Just put some baby powder in your hands and rub it all through your hair. Then brush your hair gently.
5. Cold Spoon for Puffy Eyes
Any girl can go crazy seeing puffy eyes as well as dark circles under her eyes after waking up. The problem of puffy eyes occurs for several reasons.
The most common are excessive crying, late night partying, excessive stress, genetics, hormonal changes in the body, lack of sleep, and so on.
For this beauty problem, there are some simple and straightforward remedies to try.
- Put a few metal spoons in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until they are fully chilled. Hold the upper portion of the cold spoon against your puffy eyes for 1 minute. Replace the now warm spoon with another cold spoon. The cold temperature will help tighten up the skin around your eyes and relax the blood vessels, thus helping to get rid of puffy eyes.
- Another option is to chill your used green or black tea bags in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put them over your closed eyelids for 10 minutes. Repeat a few times. The anti-irritant properties in tea will help reduce swelling and inflammation. This remedy will also help fade under eye dark circles.
- Another cost-effective remedy for puffy eyes is to place thick slices of chilled cucumbers your closed eyelids for 10 minutes, a few times a day. The astringent nature of cucumbers helps reduce inflammation around your eyes.
6. Sugar Wax for Unwanted Facial Hair
Unwanted facial hair is an embarrassing beauty problem for many girls. However, you can get rid of your peach fuzz with homemade sugar wax.
Use it just the way you would use your regular hair removal wax. Like the wax, this remedy will only help remove the unwanted hair temporarily, not permanently.
- Mix together 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of water.
- Heat the mixture in a microwave for 20 to 30 seconds until it turns brown. Allow it to cool.
- Using a spatula, apply it on the areas where you want to remove the hair.
- Place a cloth strip over the mixture and smooth it out in the direction of the hair growth.
- After a few seconds, rip it off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Repeat as needed.