Papaya is regularly used in various beauty treatments and can also be used to lighten your skin complexion. Papaya is believed to contain natural bleaching properties and the various nutrients in it will make your skin glow with health.
- Eat papaya as a fruit. The general cleansing properties of papaya will cleanse the skin of impurities that could be causing it to darken.
- Rub the inner part of the skin of a papaya on your face. Allow it to dry. Then wash your face with cold water and pat it dry. This will give your skin a nice glow. Do this daily.
- Mash a ripe papaya and mix it with one cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Massage the mixture all over your face and neck. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes before washing it off with cold water. Do this at least once a week to notice a visible change in your skin tone.
Turmeric is often used to improve skin complexion. It helps build up the kind of melanin content to maintain an even skin tone. Also, turmeric has antiseptic and antioxidant properties that are good for your skin’s overall health.
- Mix turmeric powder and milk cream to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on your skin. Allow it to dry and then wash it off with lukewarm water. When followed regularly, this simple remedy is really effective for skin whitening.
- Alternatively, mix two teaspoons of gram flour, one-half teaspoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mask and leave it on for 20 to 25 minutes or until it is dry. Scrub off the dried mask and then rinse your skin with lukewarm water.