Pimples are a normal skin condition that affect many people. Pimples are an inflammation of the skin in which the sebaceous glands (oil glands) become infected with bacteria, swell up, and fill with pus. Excess sebum secretion by the oil glands is the primary cause behind this problem. Pimples generally occur on the face, neck, back and shoulders. Though not a critical condition, pimples can make a person feel miserable due to their appearance.
There are a lot of lotions and medicines on the market to treat pimples but they can take time. Many natural methods are effective in treating pimples within a very short time period.
Here are the top 10 ways to get rid of pimples fast.
Ice can be used to quickly get rid of pimples. It helps in improving blood circulation to the affected area, and in freezing the skin pores and removing dirt and oil accumulated on the skin. You can use ice cubes or crushed ice, whichever is convenient.
- Wrap the ice in a piece of cloth and hold it on the affected skin area for a few seconds.
- Wait a few minutes and repeat the process.
When used repeatedly on the pimples throughout the day, ice helps reduce inflammation or swelling and will immediately soothe your skin.
[Related: Top 3 Face Masks for Acne (Pimples)]
Another quick way to get rid of pimples is the use of lemon juice, which is rich in vitamin C. Lemon juice helps pimples dry up faster. Be sure to use fresh lemon juice and not bottled juice, which has preservatives. There are a couple of ways to apply this remedy.
- Dip a clean cotton swab in fresh lemon juice and apply it to the pimples before going to bed.
- You can also make a paste by mixing one tablespoon of lemon juice with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and put it on the pimples overnight. In the morning, wash the skin well with lukewarm water. However, this particular remedy is not suitable for those with sensitive skin.
Honey is a source of natural antibiotics that can speed up the healing process, as well as help prevent infections.
- Dip and clean cotton swab in honey, put it directly on the affected area and leave it on for half an hour.
- Wash the skin well with lukewarm water.
Another option is to mix honey and cinnamon together to make a paste and applying it over the pimples before going to bed. In the morning, there will be less inflammation or swelling. Wash the skin well with cold water.
The toothpaste that you use every morning to clean your teeth also can be used to treat pimples quickly. It is most effective when used following the ice remedy. You must use white toothpaste; avoid using gel toothpaste.
- Apply some white toothpaste over the affected skin area before going to bed.
- In the morning, wash your face with water and you will see a significant improvement in the swelling.
If you wish, you can repeat the process in the daytime also. Just make sure the toothpaste remains on the pimples for at least half an hour.
Steaming is wonderful for your skin at any time, but particularly when you have pimples. The steam will open your pores and allow your skin to breathe. This helps get rid of oils, dirt and bacteria trapped in the pores that can cause infection or inflammation.
- Fill a large container with hot water and allow the steam to come in contact with your face for a few minutes.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water and, after drying, apply an oil-free moisturizer.
This treatment will also give your complexion a lovely glow.
Garlic is an antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic and antioxidant agent that can help in the fast treatment of pimples. The sulfur in garlic also promotes quick healing of pimples.
- Cut a fresh garlic clove into two pieces.
- Rub the garlic on the pimples and leave it for five minutes before washing the skin with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the treatment several times a day.
Eating one raw garlic clove daily can also help purify your blood. But do not to eat too much raw garlic as it can upset the stomach.