Another simple home remedy that works effectively when it comes to relieving a burnt tongue is sugar.
Sugar works as a soothing agent to provide comfort from the burning sensation. It even improves the taste in your mouth.
- Place 1 teaspoon of sugar on your tongue.
- Hold it against the roof of your mouth and allow the sugar to melt.
- Repeat as needed.
Note: This remedy is not recommended for people who have high blood sugar.
Mint is another good remedy that you should try to ease a burnt tongue. This herb contains menthol that helps activate the cold-sensing nerves, numb the area and reduce inflammation.
It also has antibacterial properties that help prevent the risk of infection.
- Apply some mint toothpaste over the surface area of the burnt tongue. Keep your tongue out of your mouth for some time until the paste dries up. Then, wash it with cold water. Do it 2 or 3 times a day.
- Allow mint tea to cool down in the refrigerator and sip it slowly.
- You can even chew some mint gum from time to time.