If you like to eat bananas, you will be happy to know that it can also be used to treat an itchy scalp. Bananas will treat your itchy scalp while also conditioning your hair. The nourishing and moisturizing properties in bananas will also reduce flakes, dandruff and inflammation.
- Simply mash two bananas and mix them together with one ripe avocado.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp (and your hair if you want).
- Allow it to sit for half an hour and then rinse thoroughly.
8. Sesame Seed Oil
Sesame oil is highly nourishing, healing and lubricating, making it an effective treatment for a dry scalp and give you relief from itchiness.
- Heat some sesame oil to warm it slightly.
- Massage your scalp with the warm oil before going to bed each night. For best results, massage the scalp with your fingertips for at least 10 minutes, wrap your head in a hot towel and leave it on for about 10 minutes before going to bed. When this oil remains on the scalp all night, it provides optimum moisturizing.
- Shampoo and rinse your scalp and hair thoroughly in the morning. Continue this treatment as long as necessary.
9. Witch Hazel
Witch Hazel is a natural astringent that can help relieve itchy scalp. This herb is beneficial when you have an itchy scalp due to hair coloring and daily blow drying.
- Mix one part witch hazel with two parts water.
- Pour the mixture onto your scalp and massage thoroughly. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Wash and rinse your hair and scalp thoroughly.
10. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is a great natural moisturizing treatment to relieve a dry and itchy scalp. The molecular structure of jojoba oil is closest to that of our own natural oil or sebum, which makes it a very effective rejuvenating and hydrating treatment.
- Massage a small amount of jojoba oil onto your scalp for a few minutes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Repeat this remedy once a week.
For best results with any of these remedies, follow them without fail for some time to completely treat the problem.