7. Castor Oil
Castor oil is another natural remedy to treat freckles at home. It will give you an even skin tone and help freckles fade away.
- Before going to bed, apply castor oil on the affected skin. The next morning, wipe it off with a soft tissue and then rinse the skin with lukewarm water. Continue this remedy daily until you get rid of the freckles. For best results, opt for pure, cold-pressed castor oil which is tasteless and odorless.
- Alternatively, you can use vitamin E oil or olive oil to reduce blemishes and freckles.
Being high in vitamin C, horseradish is good for fading freckles and blemishes naturally. It also works an antioxidant to maintain healthy, younger-looking skin.
- Dab horseradish juice on the affected skin and let it sit for 10 minutes. Do this once daily to lighten your freckles.
- Alternatively, add one tablespoon of powdered horseradish root to a cup of milk and boil it. Cool and strain it. Apply this solution on your skin and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before washing it off. Do this four to five times a week until you get encouraging results.
- Another option is to mix one grated horseradish with the juice of one lemon to make a paste. Apply this paste on the affected skin area and allow it to dry. Then wash it off with cold water. Follow this remedy every other day until you see improvement.