7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a great ingredient for straightening your hair. It restores your hair’s natural pH levels and promotes healthy hair growth and an infection-free scalp.
- Mix one or two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in one cup of water.
- Use this mixture as a final rinse after shampooing your hair.
- Leave this rinse on your hair and allow it to air dry.
Beer is rich in proteins and vitamins that are a great help in maintaining healthy hair. Plus, the alcohol in beer acts as a cleansing and shine agent and has a softening effect on your hair.
- Boil one cup of beer in a pan over medium heat until it reduces to half. Allow it to cool and then mix it with a cup of your regular shampoo. Wash your hair with this homemade beer shampoo.
- Alternatively, simply use flat beer as your final rinse after shampooing your hair.
You can keep boiled beer in a spray bottle and use it as a leave-in conditioner, too.