7. Gram Flour
Gram flour, also known as besan is another effective natural ingredient that helps remove dead skin cells, thus making your skin glow.
It also removes excess oil from your skin and prevents problems like acne, pimples and blackheads.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of gram flour and a few tablespoons of rose water or just plain water to make a paste. Apply this paste on your skin and leave it on until it dries completely. Then, scrub it off with your wet fingers and rinse your face.
- Another option is to mix 2 tablespoons each of gram four and plain yogurt. You can also add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. If the paste is too thick, add a little more yogurt. Spread this paste on your face and neck. Allow it to dry completely, then rinse it off.
Use either of these remedies once or twice a week.
8. Warm Water Soak and Pumice Stone
To exfoliate your feet, especially the heels, a warm water soak followed by scrubbing the softened area with a pumice stone is the best option. It will get rid of the dead skin cells and also reduce the risk of cracked feet.
- Pour warm water along with a few drops of mild liquid soap into a foot tub.
- Soak your feet in this warm soapy water for at least 15 minutes to soften the skin.
- Scrub the skin with a pumice stone using circular motions for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse off your feet with clean water and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Apply olive or coconut oil generously on the feet.
- Wear a pair of clean cotton socks and leave them on overnight while you sleep.
- Repeat once a week.