Vomiting is generally not a serious health problem. Most often, it is your body’s reaction to a temporary problem.
Some of the common causes behind vomiting are overeating, drinking too much alcohol, food poisoning, stomach flu, emotional stress, pregnancy, and motion sickness.
To overcome the feeling of nausea and vomiting, try some of these easy and simple home remedies.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for vomiting.
(Out of the 10, we have covered 3 highly effective home remedies in this video as well.)
Ginger is good for your digestive system and works as a natural anti-emetic to prevent vomiting.
- Mix one teaspoon each of ginger juice and lemon juice and consume it several times a day.
- Alternatively, try some ginger tea with a little honey or eat some fresh ginger slices with or without honey.
2. Rice Water
Rice water helps alleviate vomiting, especially when it is caused by gastritis. While preparing rice water, use white rice not brown rice as it is rich in starch and easier to digest.
- Boil a cup of rice in one to one and a half cup of water.
- Strain the solution.
- Drink this rice water.
Cinnamon, also called dalchini, helps calm the stomach and treat nausea and vomiting caused by digestive problems.
- In a cup of boiling water, add one-half or one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If you do not have the powder, simply use a cinnamon stick.
- Allow it to steep for a few minutes and then strain the water.
- Optionally, add one tablespoon of honey.
- Sip it slowly.
Note: This remedy may not be suitable for pregnant women.
Mint tea can provide relief from vomiting, especially when it is caused by upset stomach.
- Add one tablespoon of dried mint leaves to a cup of hot water. Allow it to steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Strain and drink this tea.
- If fresh mint leaves are available, you can simply chew them.
- Alternatively, make a soothing solution by mixing one teaspoon each of mint juice, lemon juice and one tablespoon of honey. Consume it three times a day.
Apple cider vinegar can help ease a queasy feeling. It helps calm the stomach and aids detoxification. It also helps treat food poisoning, thanks to its antimicrobial properties.
- Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of honey in a glass of water. Drink it and repeat as necessary.
- The smell of vomit can sometimes cause more vomiting. To freshen your breath and prevent further vomiting, rinse your mouth with one teaspoon of vinegar diluted in one-half cup of water.
Cloves have soothing properties that help in digestion and can also cure vomiting. It is particularly effective for nausea and vomiting caused by gastric irritability.
- Chew some cloves or use a few cloves to make a cup of tea to treat vomiting.
- Another way to use cloves during vomiting is to mix some fried cloves with honey and swallow it.