Vomiting is generally not a serious health problem. Most often, it is your body’s reaction to a temporary problem. Some of the main causes behind vomiting are excessive eating, pregnancy, drinking too much alcohol, food poisoning, viral infections, and stomach disorders.
Some of the warning signs vomiting may be excess salvia in the mouth, dizziness, fluctuating body temperature and increased heartbeat. If you notice these signs, try some of these easy and simple home remedies.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for vomiting.
Ginger is good for your digestive system and blocks unnecessary secretion in the stomach that can cause vomiting. It works as a natural anti-emetic. To prevent vomiting:
- Try some ginger tea with a little sugar or eat some fresh gingerbread or fresh ginger slices with salt.
- Alternatively, you can mix one teaspoon each of ginger juice and lemon juice and consume it several times a day.
- Another simple alternative is to chew a piece of fresh ginger with or without honey.
2. Rice Water
Rice water helps alleviate vomiting, especially when it is caused by gastritis. While preparing rice water, use white rice not brown rice as it is rich in starch and easier to digest.
- Boil a cup of rice in one to one and a half cup of water.
- Strain the solution.
- Drink this rice water.
Cinnamon helps to treat nausea as well as vomiting. Pregnant women should not use this remedy.
- In a cup of boiling water, add one-half teaspoon cinnamon powder or one cinnamon stick and steep for a few minutes.
- Strain the water and sweeten it with one tablespoon of honey. Sip it slowly.
- Do this at least two to three times a day.
Mint tea can provide relief from vomiting.
- To make mint tea, add one tablespoon of dried mint leaves to a cup of boiling water. Steep it for half an hour, strain it and your tea is ready.
- You can chew the mint leaves used for making the tea. If fresh mint leaves are available, you can even chew them to cure vomiting.
- You can make an alternative soothing solution by combining one teaspoon lemon juice to mint juice and have it at regular intervals.
The smell of vomit can sometimes cause more vomiting.
- To freshen your breath and prevent further vomiting, rinse your mouth with one teaspoon of vinegar diluted in half a cup of water.
- Apple cider vinegar also can help stop repeated vomiting. Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of honey in a glass of water. Drink it twice daily.
Cloves have antiseptic and anesthetic properties that help in digestion and can also cure vomiting.
- You can chew some raw cloves or use a few cloves to make a cup of tea to treat vomiting.
- You can also put a few drops of clove oil in a glass of warm water and drink it slowly.
- Another way to use cloves during vomiting is to mix the powder of dried cloves with honey and swallow it.