9. Cranberry Juice
Drinking unsweetened cranberry juice also helps treat vaginal irritation and itching. Cranberries create an acidic environment that helps inhibit the growth of yeast and bacteria.
In addition, it helps prevent urinary tract infections and other kinds of bladder infections.
- Drink about 2 glasses of unsweetened cranberry juice daily until the itching has stopped.
- If cranberry juice is not available, you can take cranberry tablets twice daily. Consult your doctor for the correct dosage.
10. Boric Acid
Boric acid can also provide relief from vaginal itching and the irritation, thanks to its antiseptic and antifungal properties.
- Dilute some boric acid with water.
- Apply the solution over the affected area.
- Leave it on for 1 to 2 minutes, then rinse it off thoroughly with warm water.
- Follow this remedy once daily for a couple of weeks.
- Keep the vaginal area dry as much as possible. Moisture around your vagina will worsen the condition.
- Maintain good hygiene to prevent vaginal itching. After using the toilet, always wipe from front to back.
- Wear only cotton underwear and change it twice daily.
- If possible, sleep without underwear until the itching has subsided.
- Avoid bubble baths, scented sanitary pads and any other chemical irritants.
- Do not douche or use harsh soaps to wash your vagina. Also, resist the temptation to scratch the itching area.
- Avoid intercourse until the itching has stopped.
- After exercising or swimming, take a shower immediately.
- Eat foods high in vitamin C to strengthen the immune system. This will reduce infections in the body.
- Avoid sugar when suffering from chronic vaginal itching caused by yeast infection.