People of any age can have problems with blackheads on their skin, but most often it is an issue during the teenage and adolescent years. Blackheads commonly occur on the face, particularly the nose. They can also appear on the ears or anywhere else on the body. Two main causes of this problem are hormonal changes in the body and excessive use of cosmetic products.
There are many prescription medicines for the treatment of blackheads, but you can always try natural treatments. With simple ingredients easily found in most kitchens, you can treat your blackheads within a few days.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for blackheads.
(Out of the 10, we have covered three highly effective home remedies in this video as well.)
1. Baking Soda
Baking soda is an effective treatment for blackheads as well as acne. It helps clear the skin of impurities such as debris and dirt.
- Mix two teaspoons of baking soda with mineral water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste generously on the affected skin area and massage gently. Allow it to dry for a few minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy once or twice a week.
Cinnamon can be used to remove and prevent blackheads
- Mix one teaspoon each of cinnamon powder and lemon juice with a pinch of turmeric powder (optional). Spread it on your face, leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Alternatively, mix one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and honey to form a thick paste. Apply it on the affected area before bed and leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash your face well with normal water. For best results, follow this remedy daily for about 10 days.
The combination of oatmeal and yogurt is great for keeping your skin free of blackheads.
- Mix one teaspoon honey and the juice of four tomatoes in sufficient oatmeal to make a paste.
- Scrub it on your skin.
- Wash it off after 10 minutes.
- Repeat regularly for clear skin.
You can also make a paste by mixing together two tablespoons of oatmeal, three tablespoons of plain yogurt, and small amounts of lemon juice and olive oil. Apply the paste to your entire face, leave for a few minutes and then rinse your face with water.
4. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice, also used in acne treatment, can help remove blackheads. The nutrients and vitamins present in lemon juice are good for all skin types.
- Make a facial scrub by mixing lemon juice with salt, yogurt and honey. Gently scrub the affected area with this natural exfoliating mixture.
- You can also mix fresh lemon juice with milk or rosewater to create a facial cleanser. Use it daily for 10 to 12 days.
5. Green Tea
Green tea can also be used to treat blackheads.
- Mix one teaspoon of dry green tea leaves with a little water to make a paste.
- Gently scrub the paste over the affected area for two to three minutes. This scrub deep cleans oily skin and helps unclog pores.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
The balancing quality present in honey is good for both oily skin and blackheads. Honey hydrates as well as tightens the skin pores, giving you a clear complexion.
- Apply some pure honey on your face. Leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water.