Many black spots or dark patches can be easily lightened or eliminated to restore a glowing facial complexion. Dark spots, patches and other marks on the face may be due to excess secretion of melanin on the skin. Some factors that can lead to this condition include over exposure to the sun, hormone imbalance, pregnancy, certain medications, vitamin deficiencies, lack of sleep and too much stress.
Spots and patches on the face can be embarrassing and even lead to low self-esteem. Luckily, there are many possible treatments, such as acid peels and laser surgeries. Simple, natural homemade remedies also may reduce the appearance of spots and other blemishes on your face.
Here are top 10 home remedies for Black Spots on Face.
1. Lemon Juice
A quick and easy solution can be found in your kitchen or your nearest grocery store — lemon juice. Lemons have vitamin C that can lighten dark spots on your face. It’s easy to apply.
- Put some fresh lemon juice on a cotton ball and rub it directly on the affected skin area.
- Allow it to dry and then wash it off with plain water.
- Continue applying this dark spot removal home remedy for at least two weeks to get the desired result.
If you have delicate or sensitive skin, you can dilute the lemon juice with plain water, rosewater, or honey. You can also use lime juice to get rid of black spots, applying it in the same manner as described above.
Buttermilk is also beneficial in getting rid of dark spots. Like lemon juice, it also helps fade blemishes and black spots but without causing burning sensation.
- Take four teaspoons of buttermilk.
- Add two teaspoons of fresh tomato juice.
- Mix the two ingredients (both have excellent bleaching properties) and then apply.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
The lactic acid in milk too, will gradually reduce skin pigmentation, and brighten and tone your overall skin complexion. So, if you do not have buttermilk, simply apply soak a cotton ball in milk and dab it directly on your spots. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off Put milk on a cotton ball and dab it directly on your spots. Repeat this procedure twice daily for four to five weeks.
You can also prepare a solution by mixing milk and honey and apply the solution to your dark spots, leaving it on for 10 minutes.
Oatmeal powder is considered good for skin exfoliation. Hence, you can apply an oatmeal mask on your face and neck to remove dead skin and black spots.
- Grind half a cup of rolled oats.
- Add three to four tablespoons of lemon juice to make a paste.
- Scrub it on your skin and wash it off with warm water when it dries.
If it becomes messy, use a clean cloth soaked in warm water to remove the mask. Follow this treatment once or twice a week.
- Take 8-10 almonds and soak them in milk overnight.
- Peel off the skin and grind the almonds in the morning.
- Now, add one teaspoon sandalwood powder and half a teaspoon honey in it.
- Mix them to make a fine paste.
- Apply it on your face.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes and then wash it off.
Sandalwood is another effective option.
- Make a thick paste of sandalwood powder, glycerin and rose water. (If you don’t have rose water, you can use milk or honey.)
- Apply the thick paste to the affected skin area, leaving it on for a few minutes. Wash off the paste with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy once daily until your black spots vanish completely.
Your vegetable drawer is another source of home remedies for black spots or dark patches. Potatoes can be applied in one of the two ways:
- Slice up a potato and place one slice directly on the black spots; leave on for a few minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
- You can also make a face mask by combining grated potato with honey.
Some people have also had success using tomatoes to get rid of dark black spots within a few weeks.