Bedwetting is a very common problem among infants and small children. It is a process of unknowingly passing urine while sleeping. This often occurs because children have small bladders and cannot hold their urine all night or the urge to urinate is not strong enough to wake them up.
Children often out grow bedwetting as they age, but it can be embarrassing and cause your child to shy away from social activities such as slumber parties. You can help your child stop wetting the bed with some easy and simple natural remedies.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for bedwetting.
Cinnamon powder is one of the simplest home remedies for your child to stop bedwetting.
- Have your child chew cinnamon bark thoroughly once a day.
- You can also combine sugar and cinnamon powder and then sprinkle it on buttered toast. Give this toast to your child for breakfast.
2. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry, also known as amla, is used in the treatment of various problems including bedwetting.
- Crush and deseed two Indian gooseberries. Add one tablespoon of honey and a pinch of turmeric. Give one tablespoon of this mixture to your child every morning.
- Give your child one teaspoon of the pulp of Indian gooseberry mixed with a pinch of black pepper powder before going to bed.
- You can also make a mixture of Indian gooseberry powder, ground cumin seeds and sugar candy. Give it to your child two times a day.
3. Olive Oil
For an easy treatment to cure chronic bedwetting you can use olive oil. Simply heat some olive oil and when it is comfortably warm, rub it over your child’s lower abdomen and then massage the area gently for several minutes. This simple remedy must be followed regularly to get positive result.
4. Herbal Tea
An herbal tea made of horsetail, bearberry and oak bark can be used to treat bedwetting in small children.
- Mix all the ingredients in small amounts and add it to a pan of boiling water.
- Remove from heat, cover the pan and let it sit for a few hours.
- Give your child half a cup of this herbal tea two times in a day and one cup about one hour before going to bed.
5. Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice is good for the kidneys, bladder, and urinary tract. Cranberry juice is highly recommended for children with bedwetting problems. Although most liquids should be avoided soon before bed, you can give your child fresh cranberry juice one hour before going to bed. Repeat this process daily for a few months.
6. Walnuts and Raisins
Walnuts and raisins can also be used to reduce the frequency of bedwetting. Many children will enjoy this as a tasty snack.
- Give your child two teaspoons of walnuts and one teaspoon of raisins before going to bed.
- Repeat this remedy for a few months until you see positive results.