Yogurt is another excellent kitchen ingredient that can keep your skin hydrated and fight dryness. It can even help soothe itchiness.
The lactic acid in it helps remove dead skin cells, hydrate dry patches and restore a shine and glow to your skin.
- Apply fresh yogurt on your hands, face and legs, and gently massage it into your skin. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then take a bath or shower. Do this 3 or 4 times a week.
- Alternatively, thoroughly mix 3 to 4 tablespoons of plain, unsweetened yogurt (drain the whey beforehand), ½ tablespoon of turmeric powder and a little gram flour. Apply this paste on your face, neck and hands. Wait 10 minutes, then scrub off the paste using wet fingers. Rinse off with lukewarm water and apply a light moisturizer. Use this remedy 2 or 3 times a week.
Bananas can also help you combat dry, winter skin. Their rich water content keeps your skin moisturized. Plus, they contain vitamins and antioxidants that provide anti-aging benefits to help you maintain younger-looking skin.
Plus, this creamy, rich fruit gives you smooth and glowing skin.
- Slice ½ of a banana and mash it using a fork.
- Add 2 teaspoons of plain yogurt to it.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Spread this mask on your skin generously.
- Let it sit on your skin for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this 2 or 3 times a week.