Today, homemade bath soaps are all the rage! It is a better way to treat your rough and dry skin naturally rather than relying on commercial soaps loaded with harsh chemicals.
There is much more to the commercial soaps than the pleasing aroma. Something that doesn’t meet the eye! And something that will give you a reason to switch to your own homemade, non toxic soap.
Commercial soaps are packed with chemical compounds and synthetic derivatives like triclosan, dioxane, formaldehyde, parabens and artificial fragrance. Not only are these chemicals harsh on your skin but also increase the risk of developing cancer because they act as carcinogens.
So, a better way to treat your rough and dry skin would be to use a homemade soap.
You can try making a natural goat milk soap as it offers cleansing and moisturizing benefits.
Goat milk is a powerhouse of anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and healing properties and contains a plethora of nutrients. High levels of alpha-hydroxy acids and fat molecules in the milk make it exceptionally good for delaying signs of skin aging, treating acne, reducing skin inflammation and soothing dry and damaged skin.
Additionally, it is a storehouse of essential nutrients and vitamins like vitamins A, D, and E that nourish the skin.
To make the process easier, you can use a goat-milk soap base instead of fresh goat milk. You can easily find the goat-milk base in online stores. It just requires melting and pouring.
Also, add honey, coffee and some essential oil in the recipe to make it more beneficial for your skin.
Honey is known for its excellent skin care benefits. Its antibacterial, antioxidant, moisturizing, and soothing properties make it worth the praise.
Coffee is another ingredient that is rich in antioxidants and an excellent exfoliant. It helps in toning and brightening the skin, reducing redness, fading acne scars, and eliminating cellulite.
This is one of the easiest ways to make soap and gives you the option of adding fragrances and colors of your choice. Also, it does not require any curing time. However, the additives in the base (used for making it easy to melt) reduce the shelf life of the soap.
How to Make Your Own Homemade Goat Milk Soap
Things you’ll need (makes 3 soap bars):
- Fresh goat milk soap base– 1½ cups
- Honey– 1 teaspoon
- Coffee grounds– 1 tablespoon
- Essential oil of your choice– 10 to 12 drops
- Silicon molds– 3
1. Cut the soap base into cubes and put 1½ cups into a bowl.
2. Place the bowl in the microwave for 50 to 60 seconds. Stir it each time that you check to see if it is fully melted.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of honey.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of coffee grounds.
5. Add 10 to 12 drops of the essential oil of your choice. We have used peppermint essential oil here.
6. Stir quickly, as the mixture cools down and solidifies immediately.
7. Pour the mixture into the molds.
8. Let it sit undisturbed for at least 30 minutes.
9. Remove your soap from the molds.
Your homemade soap is ready. Refrigerate it for a couple of days before using it .